name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: History of Dogwoods

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Monday, July 11, 2011

History of Dogwoods

Clipped from www.squidoo.com

Dogwood Photography

History of the Dogwood

For years now the one flower that I love to photograph is the Dogwood Blossom. For me it is one of the most amazing flowers with such a unique texture, coloration and beauty. My photography of the Dogwood Blossom has changed a lot throughout the years. But again, so has my camera. The one thing that remains is the beauty I seen in them.

The Dogwood Tree has a very long history; they say at the time of the Jesus' Crucifixion, the dogwood tree was comparable to the size of the mighty oak tree. Because of its firmness and strength it was used as the Cross that Jesus was crucified on. Although there are no direct accounts of this, it is known that dogwood trees did grow in the areas surrounding Jerusalem during this time period.

Read more at www.squidoo.com

http://amplify.com/u/a17hyt

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.