name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: Hawk Totems

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hawk Totems

Clipped from www.squidoo.com
Edit Title

Hawk Totems

Save Cancel

Hawk- Bird of Prey as Our Totem

this lens's photo

Hawk Medicine is something I am very familiar with. It is not one of my birth animals according to many different traditions, but it is something I know that has been with me all of my life. I came to realize my Hawk Medicine when I was in my late twenties, but did not fully understand it until the early nineties.

So what does all of this mean? Many different cultures believe that each of us carry different spiritual animal medicines. Hawks are messengers from the Divine-They bring us messages in many different forms and it is up to us to acknowledge the message or not. According to Ted Andrews, Hawk Medicine is visionary power and Guardianship. Their cycle of power is Spring and Fall Equinox and the New Moon.

How often do you see Hawks? I know some areas you see them several times a day, every day-does this mean they always have messages? I believe they do in a sense. It may not be a direct message from one your ancestors, but they always have something to teach us.

It is up to us to understand the messages we are given. One of the problems with being an Adult oppose to a child is often we are not able to tap into the "innocence" of believing. As a child we believed without question, but as an adult we question a lot because we try to analyze everything to the fullest.

This lens is about Hawk Medicine as an Animal Totem.

Read more at www.squidoo.com

http://amplify.com/u/a14yyf

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.