name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: Fried Mushrooms

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fried Mushrooms

Clipped from www.squidoo.com

Fried Mushrooms

Mushrooms are so GOOD for you!!

love mushrooms, but it has not always been that way. I remember my grandmother adding them to food and because they were all slimmy and gross I would pick them out. But than I started eating them on salads during an eight year journey of being vegetarian. I also loved them on homemade pizza's. BUT then I took a college biology course and stopped eating mushrooms again (for reasons I will not mention).

When I met my husband he introduced me to portabella mushrooms and my goodness I was hooked. So for the pass nine years I eat mushrooms on a regular base. I love them raw, on pizza or stuffed. NOW I love them fried and cannot get enough of them.

I knew I needed to learn how to make them so I did some research and found a few recipes but nothing was really appealing to me. Since I was involved in the Geek Cookbook Review, I have been hooked on using pastry flour so I started to play around with learning how to fry mushrooms using the pastry flour as the first step.

When my husband walked in from work one day and seen me making these mushrooms he asked if I was double dipping them so I guess I was without realizing it. But trust me they are really good. Mine do not have extra salt on them but I bet they would be extra good if you added a little to the flour.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you decide to try it please come back and let me know how you liked it.

Read more at www.squidoo.com

http://amplify.com/u/a14y53

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.