name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: Litha-Summer Solstice

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Litha-Summer Solstice

Clipped from www.squidoo.com

Litha-Summer Solstice Sabbat

Litha-Summer Solstice

On the Sabbat Wheel, Litha falls directly across from Yule. Yule is considered to be the shortest day of the year, whereas Litha is considered to be the longest day. Litha and Yule are considered a lesser Sabbat because they fall on Quarters. Samhain, Imbolc, Beltane and Lughnassadh or Lammas fall on Cross Quarters which are suppose to be Greater. Personally, I believe all sabbats are as important as the next and I treat each one with respect. I know that Samhain is my favorite sabbat and has been for as long as I can remember. But again, Samhain falls on my favorite holiday, in my favorite season, during my favorite time of the year.

Litha celebrates the verdant Earth in summers, abundance, fertility, and all of the beauty and abundance of Nature in full bloom. This is a time of strong magic and empowerment! This time is used a lot for Handfasting ceremonies. It is also used for communication with the spirits of Nature especially the fae folk.

This is a time known as the first harvest; Litha represents the pregnant Goddess and honoring the Sun God.

Read more at www.squidoo.com

http://amplify.com/u/a14svv

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.