name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: Butterfly and Hummingbird Feeders

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Monday, June 6, 2011

Butterfly and Hummingbird Feeders

Clipped from www.squidoo.com

Butterfly and Hummingbird Feeders

Sugar Water and the Swallowtail Butterfly

By now most people know how I feel about flowers, dragonflies and butterflies. Each is my favorite thing to photograph. This morning while my husband had our little Yorkie outside doing his business, he noticed an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly flying around the yard. He came in and said, "Do you have your camera ready?" I said, "I always have my camera ready why?"

When I went outside the Swallowtail Butterfly was nowhere to be seen. However, I love flowers in the morning when they are all fresh and revived from the blistering heat from the day before, so I ended up shooting some pretty good photos of flowers I am growing.

Right, when I was getting ready to go inside, guess who showed up? Yep, the teasing Swallowtail Butterfly! Trying to capture that little guy was a trip! My husband came out and seen me I suppose, but he stepped back inside the house and came back out with this tiny bowl of sugar water. The butterfly would fly around and finally stopped long enough to check it out from a distance. This was the photo I was able to capture.

That ordeal is what lead me to write this page. I never knew they had "Butterfly Feeders available. Oh, by the way by the end of the evening my husband had ordered me a butterfly feeder from eBay and I cannot wait to get it!

Read more at www.squidoo.com

http://amplify.com/u/a14npq

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.