name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: Autumn Apple Recipes

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Friday, June 24, 2011

Autumn Apple Recipes

Clipped from www.squidoo.com

Autumn Apple Recipes

Apple Recipes

am not sure if an apple a day will keep the doctor away, but I do know I love them. As odd as this is going to sound, I will not eat Apple Pie I have never liked it at all. For me I think it is a texture thing-However I love apples that are cooked soft in foods, so who knows.

A little info on Apples

Apples are in the Rose family (Rosaceae) and is one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits that are used by humans. The Apple tree originated in Western Asia, and there are more than 7,500 known cultivars of apples. At least 55 million tons of apples were grown worldwide in 2005 with a value of about $10 Billion Dollars. The USA is the second leading producer of apples with more than 7.5% of world production; whereas China produces about 35%

Research has suggested that apples may reduce the risk of many different kinds of cancers. They contain a small amount of Vitamin C but are rich in antioxidant compounds. Some studies have shown that apples may also help with heart disease. They do not have any cholesterol; they have fiber which reduces cholesterol by preventing reabsorption and are bulky for their caloric content.

Read more at www.squidoo.com

http://amplify.com/u/a15un3

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.