name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: Rock and Roll Music

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rock and Roll Music

Music from the Sixties


Since I was a very small child I was raised with music.  The thing about music is it touches your soul, it reacts with your spirit on a very deep level.  Music often carries a lot of emotions, it reminds us of things we went through in earlier years. It has helped me through sad times, happy times, times when I was lost and times that were very bad.  For me music is a way to escape-I can go anywhere I want to by listening to music. Music takes you to a place within your mind that allows you to sing along regardless if you carry a tune or not, you can dance in the fields however you want and you can cry if that is what you need to do. Music is freedom for your soul.

Often someone who truly loves music will like a very wide range of it, Old Rock N Roll, Psychedelic Rock, Pop Rock, Folk and Blues, Country, Blue Grass and so much more.  Myself, I cannot get enough of that Psychedelic, Pop, Folk Rock music.  Take me back to the sixties and drop me off and I would be one happy trooper. Lock me in time with, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Cream, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Moody Blues, I promise the list is endless, and I would be one happy person.

I wrote a page years ago called 1960's Music  which of course is related to the Woodstock Festival also known as the Summer of Love.  Although I was a young teen at that time, I still heard of it and would have given anything to go to it.  

When it comes to having a favorite song I honestly could never just pick one.  But I do a few I can listen to many times and never get tired of them.  Wild Horses is one of them.

Wild Horses-Rolling Stones





Morning has Broken

   

The Story in your Eyes



If you are ever down, depressed, sad or want to escape for a while-Turn on your favorite music, sit back, close your eyes and listen to the music, allow it to take you where you need to go.  








2 comments:

  1. Just gimme some of that Rock'N Roll music... any old way your choose it ;)... I love most all music, but the 60's was my era... and the music of the 60's made it up close and personal... and we still rock when we hear those songs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. The Sixties music will always be my music. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.