name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: Who Are You?

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Who Are You?


No that is not a trick question.... seriously, if someone asked  you that question how would you answer it?  Well, if you are thinking it is an easy question you are seriously wrong. It is a very deep question that will actually take a little (or a lot) of  time to think about.

Yes, of course you are the obvious you are male or female, you are mother, father, sister, brother. You have a job title, but do those things define who you are? Who is that under-line person that makes you a complete individual? You have to admit it is a very interesting concept to think about.

One of the biggest things in life is we have so many different labels glued to us, that often the underline person becomes an object that sits on the shelf and gathers dust.  Along with who are you-the next question would be.... what do you want to do with your life once you defined who you are?

Tricky, Tricky, Tricky... answer wisely or not.  When we start to describe who we are, you would think that our underlined goals would match up to the description we wrote about our self. Guess what, chances are that is going to be correct.  Once you define who you are, you will also get a handle on what you want from life and/or what you want to do with your life.

This was part of my homework from my therapy session. Guess what, when I was asked who I was... I stared at my therapist like a deer staring into headlights. I was shocked...seriously. So after thinking about it all day yesterday (which by the way I love being asked questions that make me think) and most of the night; when I got up this morning after thinking a little more, I was able to write out, who I am.

So I wrote it out, and along with it things appeared that I want that I did not realize.  So......I decided I wanted to write a post about this and would love to hear your thoughts, if you feel like sharing. I promise it is very interesting and will help you decide what you want out of life.... I am not sure this would be interesting to everyone or not, but I do know some people will find answering this question to be interesting. And believe it or not, it is a question that will teach you things about yourself-you may not have realized were there. 

2 comments:

  1. You're not kidding, when we get asked to define ourselves, it is no easy quick summation. So many things have to be embraced, like utter honesty. A lot of people probably define themselves initially by their functions in life, and then possibly by their shortcomings..but really..if you can sum yourself up that quick, you're not really giving yourself the real credit you deserve, or you've not done enough introspection. I was see myself as an ever changing evolution of what I once was, and any definition I give to day is only a temporary one at best. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comment... without a doubt we are ALL ever changing evolution of what we all were... but once you dig in deep, you may be surprise of the answers that will surface.

      Delete

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.