name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: This Moment

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Saturday, February 7, 2015

This Moment


When we wake up each morning, I am not totally convinced that we can automatically determine what kind of mood we are going to be in. Now this is NOT how everyone feels and I am not questioning them.  I know that I have read numerous times that there are several things each of us should do every morning before even getting out of bed... supposedly that will set the energy for the day. Since I have been learning and practicing very hard to try and just live each moment to moment.. if I should wake up in a bad mood or a sad mood, I know it is because I need to go through that experience.  Why try to change something that very well could be something we need to experience?

I love what Joseph Campbell wrote: "People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life.  I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances with our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive." That is from his 'The Power of Myth'.

How many times in your lifetime have you thought or have heard other people talking about and wondering what their purpose in life was? I have thought about it a little... to be very honest my thoughts were more along the line, what in the hell am I doing on this earth.  What many people do not fully understand is they may never know what their purpose in life was.   I could not for the life of me EVER understand the purpose of a murderer, rapist or child molester. I cannot even go there....

Many of us are like little babes trying to figure out how to live life and find fulfillment and meaning.  In that whole process a lot of life goes by wasted and not lived.  Joseph Campbell had the right idea.. feeling the rapture of being alive- the thought is exciting, scary and something many of us desperately need.  Feeling the rapture of intense pleasure or joy is something we often crave and need .. we need to feel a live and know we are actually making our own personal mark on our path and our journey.

In my world and because of different circumstances I have been through lately, I want to live each moment and be so grateful for that moment.  Because through all of my recent experiences the one and the most powerful lesson I have learned is: Life can be taken away in a snap of a finger... so here is to the rapture of being alive!


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.