name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's World: Free Spirited

My Favorite Saying...

"Life is filled with magick, if we allow our eyes to see it"

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Free Spirited




As always when I have a question about something, one of the first places I go is to Google Search. One of the main reasons I do that is because for a lack of better words often I feel like I am the only one who wonders about different things sometimes.

I put into the Google Search What does being Free Spirited mean? Come to find out I am NOT the only who wonders about this, actually I found a pretty good blog article written by this girl who wondered the same thing.  Yes, many, many people are referred to free spirited, I am, she was and many others are.  But the question still remains, what does being Free Spirited mean?

Of course one of the first things that will show up in a Google Search is a dictionary's definition, which by the way according to the The Urban Dictionary :  Free Spirit is someone who is not weighed down by the troubles of everyday life.  A free spirit remains their self regardless of what life situations are.  They are not restricted by other people's opinions. That is a pretty good definition in my book.... BUT yes there is a BUT-to me it is more.

Another page I found interesting is a page that list seven things to becoming free spirited: (1) Understand what it means to be free (2) Pursue your passion (3) Let go of whatever is holding you back (4) Let go of whatever you are rebelling against without a higher purpose (5) Live in the moment (6) keep your ego in check and last but not least (7) Honor other people's freedom. Now first to be honest I did not know there were steps you could take to become-become being the main objective word here.. Free Spirited! That just goes to show you are never too old to learn something new!

Often in our lives we are many things without even knowing it or realizing it. With me personally, I have been referred to as a 'Rebel' all of my life.. yes, starting from early childhood my uncles always referred to me as being a 'Rebel'. Well, actually if you think about it, many 'Free Spirited' people can be referred to as a Rebel.  Most of the time we are not followers.. and I mean in that in the sense as following a group of beliefs that do not coincide with your own spirit/energy-  NOT following someone in a car traveling to a new area.

Free spirited people do not have to be a solid piece of a puzzle to fit into a larger picture, they create their own picture and become that picture.  I was obviously born the way I am, some have said I could be a product of my environment which could be true too but if coming from my environment has made into a free spirit or someone who does not give shit if I have to stand against the grain or not, then so be it.

Yes, there is a point to writing about this today... Long time ago I heard someone say you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink it.   I suppose in my mind, I feel whatever type of person you are there is a medium within you that is willing to share an energy with others so everyone can co-exist together without one being dominate over the other. It is like adding some unique energy together  to create a foundation for that relationship.

I have found in my own free spirit when it comes to relationships it is important to me that people be free flowing without expectations and chains.  However in that whole scenario you have to realize often in relationships (that you care about) you have to show you care a little more, you have to respect a little more and  you have to honor the other individual (s) just a little more. I have heard more than once that often someone who is free spirited may appear a little cold to others and often in their own little world, so showing feelings to other individuals may mean you need to try a little harder- that is if you truly care - if not than I say let your free spirit flow on...


Whatever meaning you have for being a free spirit is perfect for you, my meaning is perfect for me.  I do believe though that being free spirited or not..... often when it comes to all relationships the key words need to be-always try just a little harder if you care, if not just flow on and be free in your world. Free Spirits can come together and create their own energy flow... I know anything is possible, for me the keys are as I mentioned...try a little harder if you care.... What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a message, I will gladly respond back to it.